Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Crockpot Corner: Chicken and Dumplings

So I have recently gotten into the whole crockpot scene (yes it's a scene.. and it'll change your world). I'm all about keeping things simple and the crockpot definitely does just that. All you do is throw everything in and voila! You can get so many things done while it sets there cooking! Multi-tasking at it's best! So I have been looking for recipes to try out on my days off and I came across this one through PINTEREST. Of course I added some things to it and so can you. Here is the basic recipe that I found:
1lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 cans (10.5oz) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can (14oz) Chicken Broth 
1 medium White Onion, diced 
4 Large Flaky Refrigerator Biscuits (half a can)

Here are the couple changes and additions I made: Instead of an onion I added a half a bag of mixed frozen carrots, corn and green beans. I also used Chicken Stock instead of Broth, but same thing really. I also used a special herb addition of Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup for some extra flavor as well as some Cumin.

You can honestly tweak this recipe however you want, you can't really go wrong here! Now this recipe does serve about 6-8 people. I plan on making extra to pack for my lunches at work and maybe even freeze some for later on. So with out further ado here are the instructions:

  1. Place thawed chicken in crockpot. Top with butter add cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and onions. Cook on high 4-6 hours or on low for 8 hours (I did high, because I was ready to eat it that day!).
  2. After the chicken has cooked through, cut each biscuit into small pieces(appox. 9 each). Add biscuits and continue to cook 30 mins to an hour longer, or until the biscuits are done. 
  3. Remove chicken and shred. After shredded place chicken back into crockpot and mix. I added a little bit of Parsley, Cilantro, Salt and Pepper to taste to finish it up!
Before
After


See easy as 1..2..3! I also made Roasted Sweet Potatoes to go with (I'll share this recipe on another day!). I'd love to here feedback about this post! Since it is my first "try it out" recipe post on my blog, I want to know if YOU found this helpful and if YOU have in fact become just as much as a crockpot junkie as I have! Sending you the best, this Holiday!

xoxoKira

No comments:

Post a Comment