Thursday, February 28, 2013

"Me and Mr.Darcy"

My day off of work this past Wednesday was spent reading the book I mentioned in my previous blog "Me and Mr. Darcy" by Alexandra Potter. Although there were a few instances where I could predict what was coming, I all in all enjoyed reading this book. The ending was actually something I didn't expect, but I'm not the most avid book reader so you may predict the ending from the beginning. The main character Emily Albright is very much relatable to myself. The language used is also modern as could be. Even though the date for this book is in 2006, I still found it relatable and was surprised that it incorporated fashion (a Fashion Marketing and Management Graduate can appreciate that). 

In "Pride and Prejudice" I found it hard to think Mr. Darcy was this perfect man that all women want. As the main character explains her love for Mr. Darcy I soon began to see why he could be so perfect, but by the end was satisfied to see he had his flaws and I was glad to see that I hadn't missed something about him in the first place. (Hopefully this made since). The next book on the list is "Since and Sensibility" by Jane Austen again! I'm not sure when I will get to reading that and when I will finish, but for now I set aside the book reviews. Who knows what the next will be about?!

Check it out! Tell me what you think!

<3kira div="">

No comments:

Post a Comment