Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year: Food Ventures

So with the start of the New Year I wanted to make some changes. I cut my hair (shorter than normal by my standards), started re-evaluating my wardrobe, and have recently started venturing off into the land of healthier eating. Now I say healthier because it's not that easy to quit old eating habits. So by easing my way into this whole new food pyramid I am finding things that I actually do like. With the help of Pinterest.com I have some photos here of some of the more recent things I have tried out! Hope this gets your food senses tingling!

Lemon Water is starting to become a more well to do thing. Lauren Conrad recently blogged about it on her site. Lemon water has some really good benefits that may surprise you.
1. It helps with weight loss by cutting down cravings. Lemon water is part of an alkaline diet (but should not be the only thing you are consuming).
2. It helps your digestion system and helps to flush out any toxins in your system more efficiently.
3. It also helps to keep you healthier, which comes in handy for the on-the-go college students!
Click Here for more benefits of Lemon Water!

Pita Pockets help make for a quick and easy meal for on-the-go. There are so many options when it comes to these, which means that you won't easily get tired of it. I just made a pita pocket with:
1. Mozzarella Cheese
2. Cherry Tomatoes
3. Lettuce
4. Yellow and Orange Peppers
5. Dip in ranch/caesar dressing
This little sandwich is amazingly delicious and still touches many of your major food groups. You could also add grilled chicken slices for a meat factor. My next option to try is egg salad. I really am IN LOVE with this pita pocket idea!

Frozen Grapes are definitely my not so guilty, guilty pleasure. By simply putting your rinsed off grapes in the freezer four a few hours or so, you have a delicious cold treat to snack on. It tastes like a grape slushy with each bite! 

So if any of you are looking for some possible changes to make for the New Year, why not try and add some of these delicious food ideas to your shopping list. They are simple, quick and affordable treats that will have you feeling great in no time!
<3Kira

1 comment:

  1. wow that sounds delicious! i am a new follower of u would u like to follow back?! giulia
    fashionmamas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete